Thursday, March 11, 2010

Prepping for the Scripted Scene

In prepping for my scripted scene, I first picked out the script that closely resembled something that I would enjoy filming. I finally came up with a scene from "Swingers."

After that was settled, and after e-mailing Lindsey the script, I went to a few of my friends houses to find out which one would be best suited for the scene, which required three guys to be playing video games on a couch, so first I had to find a big enough couch. Second, I had to look for a room with a door in close proximity to the couch. Luckily, I just recently got a crappy couch from my parent's house and the front door at my place leads into the den.

After that, I wrote down the shot list of everything we would need to film this scene in order to gain complete coverage. Once that was done, I e-mailed it to Lindsey so we could start prepping.

I then had to pin down three of my friends (literally) and force them to be in my movie. Due to my brute strength, I had managed to corral three friends and we were ready to go.

Nothing special for this scene in terms of props. Just a pizza box and a few dollar bills were sufficient. That really cut down on the prep time beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment