Monday, May 3, 2010

TCF 312 Reflection

When we first began this class, I was overwhelmed to say the least. So many new concepts and technical aspects of film were presented to me, and I honestly didn't know if this was the right field for me.

But once everyone started getting in their groove and we went to the studio to play with the equipment, I suddenly had a new motivation. I've always had fun making movies with my friends, and we have done it on a consistent basis, but I never cared to be meticulous in my work...until now. The things we learned in this class have had an incredible effect on my work, among other things.

I was a tad skeptical when I first came to the class and found out we had to keep a blog. It just seemed like busy work and Dr. Raimist was some sort of sadist who derived pleasure from our suffering. Up until the last day of class I was still a little unsure until she talked about it and articulated her reasoning behind it. Doing the research we did and writing our thoughts all paid off in the end. It clearly shows our growth as filmmakers and helps us express our visions in a way we otherwise wouldn’t be able to do. Words can’t describe how thankful I am for that.

One of the things that has probably helped more than anything is the relaxed nature of everything. I didn't feel intimated like I did at the beginning when we first started working with all the equipment. Instead, I became friends with many people in the class and I wasn’t afraid to test out new equipment.

I can't stress enough how beneficial this class was for me. What used to be a hobby has now become an obsession. I can't go five minutes without coming up with a new idea for something to shoot. Just thinking back on things I learned this semester, it's pretty obvious this class has had a bigger impact on me as a videographer , heck, even as a person, then any other class I've taken thus far. I'm beyond grateful to be in TCF 444 now after experiencing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment